Saturday, August 22, 2009

FINALLY...Finished!

I saw this Marc Jacobs necklace when I was checking out his website, and then I checked out the price...almost $1000!!!!! For some safety pins? I could not believe it!


So I decided to make one myself! And here's how it turned out...what do you think?


I'm pretty happy with it, basically the only thing I had to buy were a few more safety pins so I think all in all this maybe cost me 5 or 6 dollars...pretty good I think.


Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I'm trying to get everything done before I have to go back to school on Monday...ugh...I don't want summer to be over!
xoxo

18 comments:

Lottie said...

you've won my competition!
please email your address to lottled@yahoo.co.uk

Lilpixie said...

that necklace is beautiful great job

Erika said...

I can't believe you made that! I actually prefer yours over the original! What a divine piece to go back to school with. You're so talented! :)

Boubou said...

Bonsoir !
First time i come across your blog, i wanted to invite you to check out my daily collage inspiration on my blog boubouteatime if you have some time, i hope you will like the visit !
a bientot !
Boubouteatime xx

beatriz said...

Beautiful! so so cute!
un saludo

Adela said...

fantastic! great DIY job! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspto.com/

Style Bird said...

Love it..great idea!!

nookie said...

it's awesome,great job dear!

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing job, darling!
Love your DIY so!

xoxox,
CC

Lilee said...

great necklace!

Lottie said...

thats so awesome!

La Couturier said...

Darling.

I loveee your version so much more! (: It's quite fab!

bisous,
La C.

Amanda K said...

It looks fabulous!

Eri said...

Cool blog, I really enjoyed it!

Please come and visit my fashion blog, which is inspired by Portobello market, London.

I hope you enjoy it and hope to see you soon.

Eri

fazed-girl said...

Cute! Actually I bet it looks exactly the same as the Marc Jacobs one if you photograph it on a white background. DIY <3!

Eva Internazionale said...

You OWNED Marc Jacobs. Awesome. :D

fortheloveoffashion said...

omg! impressive! :o)

carlyjcais said...

Wow! You did a lovely job with that necklace...so inspiring!
I made safety-pin and rhinestone earrings a la Tom Binns...check them out if you have a chance:

http://chicsteals.blogspot.com/2009/09/dont-buy-diy-tom-binns-safety-pin.html

Thanks for commenting on my blog!
xoxo
Carly
http://chicsteals.blogspot.com