Monday, August 10, 2009

DIY Embellished Leggings



Over the weekend I decided to try making some embellished leggings, and I am going to do two different pairs.  Here is the first one that I did:

It took a pretty long time to do because I decided to hand sew everything onto the leggings because I didn't want any pulling. And then I had to cut up some of the braided part and weave the velvet ribbon through. So it basically took me about two days to do. But I LOVE how they turned out. I kind of want to try this on some thick black tights because I think that would look really cool.







Tank: H&M
Leggings: Forever 21
Boots: Minnetonka
Sunglasses: Dior

I am also in the process of making a necklace but it is taking a bit longer than i expected! Also, thanks to le Blog de Sushi for a tutorial on how to make pictures bigger!
Happy Monday everyone!

14 comments:

Wild as a Mink said...

Oh those leggings turned out awesome! Very cool!

Wild as a Mink said...

P.S.-So just how do you make pictures bigger? I'm not very computer saavy and I would LOVE to know how.

Elizabeth Marie said...

Badass leggings, girl. I love the boots too...

umm and YES how do I get my pictures bigger?! Help help haha! XO

Angela said...

wow that is a lot of work. however the end result is great.

Liz said...

Love the way you did the leggings. You clearly have a talent for sewing and design.

Amanda K said...

How creative, I love DIY projects.

Nubia Mejia said...

Love what you did with your leggings. Looks like you put a lot of time into them, awesome

http://www.Nubiasnonsense.com

miriam (Björn Borg) said...

wow, those leggings turned out just beautiful!

G said...

the leggings look so good! guess it was work all the time you spent!

erika sorocco said...

Amazing DIY - they're simply fabulous! I adore how they look with those fringe boots! :)

Stephani Bryant said...

This is totally random, but I ran into your blog RIGHT as I saw this on facebook...
http://fashionista.com/2009/08/nicole_miller_needs_interns.php

Any internship with an established designer is bound to lead to great opportunities in the fashion industry. Check it out if you are interested! Hope this helps!
-Steph Bryant

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

great job on the leggings, can't wait to see the necklace.

DANA BOULOS said...

love it!

xo
wiseredlips.com

dana

Miss Yaya said...

those look awesome - i want to try something like that!