Saturday, August 22, 2009

FINALLY...Finished!

I saw this Marc Jacobs necklace when I was checking out his website, and then I checked out the price...almost $1000!!!!! For some safety pins? I could not believe it!


So I decided to make one myself! And here's how it turned out...what do you think?


I'm pretty happy with it, basically the only thing I had to buy were a few more safety pins so I think all in all this maybe cost me 5 or 6 dollars...pretty good I think.


Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I'm trying to get everything done before I have to go back to school on Monday...ugh...I don't want summer to be over!
xoxo

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've won my competition!
please email your address to lottled@yahoo.co.uk

thriftylilpixie said...

that necklace is beautiful great job

erika sorocco said...

I can't believe you made that! I actually prefer yours over the original! What a divine piece to go back to school with. You're so talented! :)

Boubou said...

Bonsoir !
First time i come across your blog, i wanted to invite you to check out my daily collage inspiration on my blog boubouteatime if you have some time, i hope you will like the visit !
a bientot !
Boubouteatime xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! so so cute!
un saludo

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

fantastic! great DIY job! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspto.com/

street angel said...

Love it..great idea!!

Denisa L said...

it's awesome,great job dear!

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing job, darling!
Love your DIY so!

xoxox,
CC

I V Y said...

great necklace!

Anonymous said...

thats so awesome!

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Darling.

I loveee your version so much more! (: It's quite fab!

bisous,
La C.

Amanda K said...

It looks fabulous!

Eri said...

Cool blog, I really enjoyed it!

Please come and visit my fashion blog, which is inspired by Portobello market, London.

I hope you enjoy it and hope to see you soon.

Eri

Samantha said...

Cute! Actually I bet it looks exactly the same as the Marc Jacobs one if you photograph it on a white background. DIY <3!

Eva said...

You OWNED Marc Jacobs. Awesome. :D

Anonymous said...

omg! impressive! :o)

Carly J. Cais said...

Wow! You did a lovely job with that necklace...so inspiring!
I made safety-pin and rhinestone earrings a la Tom Binns...check them out if you have a chance:

http://chicsteals.blogspot.com/2009/09/dont-buy-diy-tom-binns-safety-pin.html

Thanks for commenting on my blog!
xoxo
Carly
http://chicsteals.blogspot.com